For a cooking knife that can be used to cut almost anything, the best santoku knives have a blade shape similar to a chef’s knife with a straight cutting edge and perpendicular spine. The blade is typically between 6-8 inches in length, making it easy to prep foods for different cooking methods or use as a carving tool. Santoku knives are perfect for chopping vegetables for quick side dishes or cutting cellophane noodles.
10 best santoku knives review
KitchenAid Gourmet Triple Rivet Santoku Knife Set, 2-Piece, Black
- CUTLERY ESSENTIAL: These KitchenAid santoku knives are a must have for everyday meal prep. The ridges on the blades are specially designed to prevent foods from sticking while you slice, making them perfect for chopping and dicing vegetables. Set includes: 7-inch santoku knife and 5-inch santoku knife.
- LONG-LASTING SHARPNESS: Forged knives are expertly crafted using semi-polished, imported high-carbon Japanese steel, hardened and tempered to provide a long-lasting edge for a professional, quality cut every time.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Constructed for perfect stability and control, the eastern-style ergonomic handles are well-balanced and feature a triple-riveted construction for a secure, comfortable grip.
- BLADE COVERS: Includes custom-fit blade covers for secure, safe storage.
- EASY CARE: KitchenAid knives are top rack dishwasher safe. To extend the life of your cutlery, hand washing is recommended. Dry immediately.
HENCKELS Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife, 7-Inch, Black, Stainless Steel
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Fabricated from high quality German stainless steel. Made in Spain
- PRECISE CUTTING: Professional, satin finished blade boasts precision cutting and is finely honed for long lasting sharpness
- BALANCED BLADE: Ergonomic, traditional triple rivet handle offers balance and comfort
- MULTI-PURPOSE: 7-inch santoku knife for preparing meat, fish, and vegetables
- PERFECT FOR EXTRA THIN CUTTING: Fine polished hollow razor edge
Santoku Knife - imarku 7 inch Kitchen Knife Ultra Sharp Asian Knife Japanese Chef Knife - German HC Stainless Steel 7Cr17Mov - Ergonomic Pakkawood Handle, Best Choice for Home Kitchen, Brown
- Professional Santoku Knife: This imarku Super Sharp Santoku Knife is made of German HC stainless steel that resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. It can be used for your daily kitchen tasks of chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing of all kinds of meat, vegetables, fruits, and bread. It is suitable for both home and restaurant kitchens.
- Ultra-Sharp Edge: Sharpness is key. The professional knife blade polishing makes this Japanese knife be more sharper than others, and it has been proven its ability to withstand the rigors of tough restaurant use. The thickness of this kitchen knife is 2.5mm. Its hand-polished edge is 15-18 degrees per side, which is sturdy and sharp to get the job done perfectly.
- Hollow Edge Design: The 7-inch santoku chef knife scalloped hollow edge is add gap between the knife blade and the material being cut, keeping things from sticking to the knife blade, special for slicing, dicing, and mincing.
- Ergonomic Design: Advanced Pakkawood Handle manufacturing process minimizes wrist tension while providing a secure, comfortable grip no matter your hand size or where you grip. Special texture, smoothly. Compare to other Pakkawood, it is way more stable and sanitary, No expantion, no crack like traditional wood and pakkawood handle, which asures you the best food safety.
- The Perfect Gifts: The knife comes in a high-quality black gift box, making it the perfect gift for whoever you love.
Babish 6.5" German Steel Cutlery, Santoku Knife
- Forged from a single piece of high-carbon 1.4116 German steel
- Tempered, ground, and polished for maximum sharpness
- Full-tang handle provides a balanced, comfortable grip
- Granton edge reduces drag and food sticking to the blade
- Ideal for slicing, dicing, mincing, and chopping all food types
MOSFiATA 7" Santoku Knife Chef Cutting Knife for Cooking with Finger Guard and Knife Sharpener, German High Carbon Stainless Steel EN.4116 Kitchen Chopping Knife with Micarta Handle and Gift Box
- 【PROFESSIONAL SANTOKU KNIFE】: This MOSFiATA Super Sharp Santoku Vegetable Meat Knife is made of high-quality German stainless steel that resists rust, corrosion and discoloration. It can be used for your daily kitchen tasks of chopping, slicing, dicing and mincing of all kinds of meat, vegetables, fruits and bread. It is suitable for both home and restaurant kitchens.
- 【ULTRA-SHARP EDGE】: Sharpness is key. Hand-polished by craftsmen with decades of experience to ensure its durability. The thickness of this kitchen knife is 2.5mm. Its hand-polished edge is 14-16 degrees per side, which is sturdy and sharp to get the job done perfectly. Rockwell hardness: 56 ± 2 HRC.
- 【STURDY HANDLE】: The solid Micarta handle minimizes wrist tension while providing a secure, comfortable grip no matter your hand size or where you grip. Even after prolonged use, your palm and wrist will not fatigue. Ideal for both people who cook frequently and those who just like preparing snacks. The durability and reliability of the kitchen knife are secured by the triple rivet design that attaches the handle firmly onto the blade.
- 【SANTOKU KNIFE, FINGER GUARD, KNIFE SHARPENER INCLUDED】: Protect your fingers and keep your knife sharp with the other three items in the box. Tips: To use the sharpener as very simple, you could also find some video tutorial on any video site by search “How to use a sharpener”.
- 【THE PERFECT GIFT】: The knife comes in a high-quality black gift box, making it the perfect gift for a mother, father, grandparent or friend. Plus, with the finger guard, young children and other family members will be protected while cutting. Note: it is not Damascus steel.
MITSUMOTO SAKARI 7 inch Japanese Santoku Chef Knife, High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Cooking Knife, Professional Hand Forged Chef's Knives (Rosewood Handle & Gift Box)
- [Traditional Japanese Hand Forging] Professional Japanese chef's knife inherits the traditional Japanese hand forging method; combined with advanced technology and materials. Through the knifemaker's manual fine knife shape and pounding out the gorgeous pounding texture; into the perfect forging art and craftsmanship. Insist on completing a perfect kitchen chef's knife through 45 days of hand forging.
- [High Quality Cooking Chef Knives] Santoku chef knife is made of 3 layers of top grade 9CR18MOV high carbon steel with precision quenching and vacuum cold nitrogen treatment. It greatly enhances the characteristics of corrosion resistance, rust prevention and toughness; the hardness is up to 58±2HRC. 2.6mm ultra-thin sharp blade can keep the ideal ripeness of fruits, vegetables in the best condition and meat in the most delicious moment when cutting.
- [Solid Rosewood Knife Handle] The Japanese high carbon knife is made of precious summer sourwood wood from Southeast Asia. And features an ergonomically designed octagonal balanced wood handle; minimizing wrist tension and different aspects giving you great flexibility to adjust your cutting angle; while providing a secure, comfortable grip.
- [Perfect Cooking Cookware Gift Choice] Japanese knives combine high-end materials and first-class craftsmanship; perfect for home cooks and professional chefs alike. And with professional gift box packaging is the perfect gift for family and friends at Christmas, weddings, birthdays, Father's Day, Mother's Day.
- [High Carbon Knives Important Notes] MITSUMOTO SAKARI products pass strict quality audits. If you find any quality problems with the chef knife, please contact us immediately by email. Our professional service team will give you a satisfactory answer.
TUO Santoku Knife - Japanese Chef Knife 7-inch High Carbon Stainless Steel - Kitchen Knives with G10 Full Tang Handle - Black Hawk-S Knives Including Gift Box
- PERFECTED SANTOKU KNIFE: The Black Hawk S 7 inch hollow ground santoku knife is designed to be elegantly modern and purposefully functional. Owning the best of kitchen knife, it offers you the versatility and flexibility in the busiest of kitchen. Featuring special-forged high-carbon stainless steel with a high-tech vacuum heat-treatment and nitrogen cryogenic tempering, it ensures you the extreme strength, flexibility, durability, and maximum performance.
- ✅SLEEK BLADE PATTERN: 3D pattern finish forged by the state-of-the-art technology, it is way more complicated than the traditional blade making process. It offers not only high-end appearance, but also an incredible practicality and sense of use. Since the 3D pattern reduces the contact surface between food and blade, it prevents food from sticking on the blade and provides maximized the slicing efficiency.
- ✅HIGH-STANDARD CRAFTSMANSHIP: Our experienced kitchen knives smiths hand sharpen the screamingly sharp edge with traditional Honbazuke method to be 8-12 degree per side.Our state-of-the-art technique and facility balance the contradictory relationship between malleability and hardness of the steel precisely. The handle is made of G10 fiberglass composite materials that feature superior lasting properties. It is nearly immune to extreme temperature or humidity.
- ✅ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The full-tang structure with triple rivets built-in allows even superior resilience and solid durability. The G10 handle is designed for the ergonomic grip with satisfying heft and comfort to the well-balanced chef‘s knifes. The mosaic rivet in the middle brings an overall harmony and stunning visuality to the whole piece.
- 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY LIFTTIME SUPPOT: We promise a superior product that will give you a lifetime of exemplary service. Comes with a premium gift box, the high-value performance never look so good!
Shun Classic Blonde 7” Santoku Knife, Blonde PakkaWood Handle, Full Tang VG-MAX Blade
- Shun's premium Classic Blonde Santoku Knife features our signature VG-MAX high carbon steel and layered Damascus cladding – a functional feast for the eyes of any chef.
- The beautifully modern, D-shaped, blonde PakkaWood handle encases the full composite tang blade for balance, reducing unwanted rotation and improving grip for right and left-handed chefs alike.
- A multi-purpose knife for virtually every cutting task in the kitchen, our Classic Blonde Santoku's 7-inch length and lightweight design make it an excellent chef's knife for small or crowded spaces.
- Handcrafted in Japan, this kitchen knife is ground and honed to a razor sharp 16-degree edge out of the box. It’s balanced immediately forward of the bolster like most Shun knives for superior handling.
- Santoku, nakiri, boning, slicing, or steak – Shun blades glide through food when used in a back-and-forth or rocking motion that applies some force parallel to what's being cut, letting the edge do the work.
Mercer Culinary-M23590 Renaissance 7-Inch Forged Santoku Knife, Black
- Triple-riveted, ergonomically designed Delrin handle. One-piece precision forged construction. Rounded spine for comfort grip.
- Shortened bolster exposes full blade edge, allowing for easier sharpening
- Full tang runs the entire length of the handle for superior balance
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- High-carbon, stain-resistant German cutlery steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration
Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Cutlery Rosewood Santoku Knife, Granton Blade, 7-Inch
- ELEGANT SANTOKU KNIFE. A classically designed Rosewood handle combined with a versatile Japanese style knife. The Granton blade creates air pockets, preventing food from sticking and minimizes friction for easier chopping, mincing, and dicing.
- FIT FOR ALL TASKS. Designed to handle kitchen tasks both big and small, this durable knife's razor sharp and laser-tested blade effortlessly chops, minces, slices and dices. An essential for every kitchen.
- EASY HANDLING. This knife features a Rosewood handle for a comfortable grip and easy handling. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced with triple handle rivets for maximum durability.
- KNIFE DIMENSIONS. Stainless steel blade -- 7" in length.
- TRUSTED SWISS QUALITY. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. Making a lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
The best santoku knives are the one that match your needs. The most important factor to consider is whether you need a blade with serrated or straight edges, as well as what type of vegetable you will be using it for. Regardless, the reviews should help give you an idea of what to look for in a knife and which one is best suited to your needs.